Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

DSS help please!!!

Hey all

I took some images of the milky way (hopefully) when i have stacked them in DSS i get a really weird pictures that doesn't even look worth trying to process, can someone help??

i watched the following tutorial  

images used. 

30xLights (all 1 min exp)

15xDarks (same settings as lights with lens cap on)

15xBias at highest shutter setting.

Light frame details.

Canon 1100D

18mm 

F 3.5

exp 1 min

Image i get as an auto save file, (note i do have this as a TIFF file but was to large to upload)

post-34892-0-12545500-1406143842_thumb.j

That's a helpful error message... I can't really help but often in other software when you get such an error message its because it is having memory problems. Have a look at task manager to see how much memory DSS is using and what free memory you have left.

That's a helpful error message... I can't really help but often in other software when you get such an error message its because it is having memory problems. Have a look at task manager to see how much memory DSS is using and what free memory you have left.

If it is memory make sure you do not use Drizzle, it gobbles up memory.

Thanks for the info, However is there a Mac version or some other app i can use with Mac ?

I noticed this is .exe being a windows installer. :(

I'm not doing imaging at the moment, though I'm real keen to get into once i have got my scope.

But i've noticed not many apps for the Macs.. I don't really like to install windows on Bootcamp, but if i have to, i guess i'll have to lol

Archived