Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A DSO imaging set up

Hi all,

Having had my NEQ6 Belt modified and overhauled earlier this year and investing in a ZWO120MM I was pleased to get my first real planetary images with a good stable set up through my C9.25.

However I want to move on in the Autumn to try some DSO imaging.

For this I propose to use my Equinox ED80 and coupled to this will be my new Canon 1100D with a 2" fitting into the ED80.

I know that there will not be a tremendous amount left in the train for an OAG and really this refractor should perform better with a seperate guider (however I am open to suggestions)

I have the losmady plate to mount side by side, and am familiar with PHD and using the ZWO as a guide cam

It is my intention to purchase BYE and the appropriate shutter release cable

However I am just really interested to know whether there could be any recommendations on a reasonably priced but adequate guide scope to mount to the side, and whether the above propsed set up would work?

Thanks for any suggestions, feedback etc.

Best wishes and clear skies

Nick

You shouldnt need a shutter release cable if using backyard EOS, but i am not 100%. I did the trial a while ago and am pretty sure it has exposure control. I ended up going for APT which lets you set up an imaging plan, number of exposures, ISO, exposure length ect. BY EOS should have the same feature, although at double the price ;)

Thanks for the above info. I have also been investigating APT as an alternative to BYE but not sure whether it is as good to use.

I have been looking and considering the ST80 skywatcher scope as a potential guidescope. If I used an old barlow barrel I think I could achieve focus straight through.

Question would me NEQ6 Pro cope with the 2 refractors side by side and an 1100D and ZWO 120mm guide camera and still comfortably operate?

Thanks

Nick

Archived