Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Milky way once again

Yesterday i went out to a rural site nearby my city and tried to capture again the milky way to see

if it would be much better than in my backyard.

The night was great, clear sky, stars were really shining like i never seen before and the milky way was amazing to the naked eye.

I managed to make 2 sessions, one with 100 x 14s iso 800 and another with 30 20s also iso 800.

The picture posted here is the 30x20 iso 800, captured with the lens at 18mm and f3.5.

APT was used to help with focus and to make the capture sessions too, i'm considering to purchase the full version as like it a lot.

I'll post the 14 seconds stack as soon as i finish editing it.

Please share your thoughts and tips to make it better.

thanks.

ps: didn't know if i should have posted in my previous topic or to a new one.

post-37532-0-44770600-1406066001_thumb.j

Very fine picture!

I'm a long time user of APT and rate it extremely highly. It is constantly updated with new features and the author is very approachable, he is often seen on here.

Lovely job. My advice would be to go to ISO 1600 and take shorter subs as there's just a little star trailing. Then take darks to remove noise. Wonderful effort though. I'm jealous of your dark site!

Alexxx

Both are looking good... why not merge both stacks ? When you load an image file into DSS, you'll see group 1 appear at the bottom. Load all the 14second images into that group... Another group will appear, load all the other images into that group. Make sure the Master group is clear... then when you stack, the resulting image will be a combination of both stacks.

Archived