Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Polar scope set up query

Hi All,

Can anyone help me with my Skywatcher 120 and the polat scope.  I am unable to find out how to get this equipment into the mount.  The mount came with the collored number dial and so did the polar scope.   I have no apptitude for undoing the tiny screws to remove one of the collars, but if someone can let me know how to do it I can pass on to some who will be able to help me.  If a photo would help please let me know and I'll do my best to sort.

Thanks

Thanks

Sue

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me.  Yes, it is the EQ3-2 and I do have it in just like the picture above, the 2 dials come together and look nice and tidy - but don't you have to fine tune to align with the pole star?

I'm confused by the shaped collar thingy...sorry on the polar scope, rather than the circle on the mount.  The mount came with a screwable bit of kit which had the same shaped collar thingy and 3 thumb screws on it (just like my finder scope).  The polar scope would not push through the original fitting (with the 3 thumb screws) until my club expert pushed it through and I had to rescue some plastic-see-through washers from the floor.  I've been advised by my club to use both, but with 2 shaped collar thingys they sit about 2 inches apart and it looks untidy, clumsy and not professional .

I'm sorry if I'm being a bit dim or missing the point.

Thanks

Sue

I am a bit confused you should only have 1 collar thingy after the original is unscrewed and replaced by the polarscope which screws into the same position, any chance of a picture of your mount?

Alan

Not a specific shot of the polar scope but you can see in the shot how it should look when it is screwed in.

Does yours look the same? There is a collar thingy removed to make way for the polarscope

a2atu7u7.jpg

Hi,

Thanks all. My mount and polar scope do look like the picture above. But how do you fine tune to the Pole Star? Or don't you have to, has it been made in such a way that it screws in to the correct position.  Sorry I know I'm being a bit dim.

Thanks

Sue

• 2 weeks later...

Archived