Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lovely stars in the early hours

Pig

I couldn't sleep properly last night mainly due to the incredible heat, after much fidgeting I decided to come and sleep downstairs where it was a lot cooler. I opened the back door to let the cool breeze in and I could not believe how clear the night sky was :shocked:

I was very tempted to set the scope up but I was too tired and I had to be up for work in a few hours. I did spend 10 minutes or so scanning the sky and it looked the best I had seen for ages. Its a pity it wasn't Saturday night as I could have stayed out.

Did anyone else manage to see the skies last night ?

I looked up at the sparkly clear sky. The Milky Way looked so lovely... I thought, I shall get my scope out...

....tomorrow night! :grin:

I was just too tired and wanted to be up ready for the awesome Sun at 7am :shocked:

My batteries are recharged so I hope to have a look tonight. I have even checked astro darkness on the FLO Forecast...

Was nice out. Kids were camping in the back garden but the tent wasn't big enough for me.

Forced to spend the night in a deck chair staring at the stars. Tough life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stayed out until 1.30, then high cloud drifted in from the west. It was very very warm.

The seeing was superb with really crisp results. M27 just glowed with a UHC filter. It was lovely to see Pegasus, Andromeda and Triangulum getting high.

Packing up, I spotted the Pleiades in the north east, hurrah !

I'm in St Ives on holds at the mo and was out last night hoping to do a nice harbour star trail or something, but the clouds rolled in from the west so I could only manage half a dozen milky way shots inbetween. But I have to say, what a mesmerising sight the milky way was. I stayed out until 1am when it clouded over completely. Dust lanes were nicely visible and the stars were superb. Cracking seeing considering how hot it's been in the daytime.

Archived