Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Crash course in planetary RGB processing?

I'm due to get my hands on a set of Baader RGBs today(hopefully) and wondering if there is a good current tutorial or if I can get some pointers about the processing.

The couple of tuts I have found all look as if they will do the job but are possibly a touch dated now and using some software I don't have.

Is it as simple as just processing the 3 channels as I would normally with AS!2 and then combining them in photoshop or is there a better way to go about it these days.

Should I use my IR/UV cut with the colour filters or without as a separate channel?

Any pointers would be muchly appreciated. :)

Is it as simple as just processing the 3 channels as I would normally with AS!2 and then combining them in photoshop or is there a better way to go about it these days.

That's the way that I do it.

Load the three grey-scales in, then convert to RGB using the Merge Channels in the Channels tab. It really is very easy.

I'm due to get my hands on a set of Baader RGBs today(hopefully)

Should I use my IR/UV cut with the colour filters or without as a separate channel?

Any pointers would be muchly appreciated. :)

The Baaders have, AFAIK, IRCut  in the filters. No need to use anything else, though a ProPlanet IR742 does give a very sharp luminance layer.

Thanks for that, it does sound easy enough which is why I asked. Almost too easy. :p

I may have to hold off on another filter for next order but I'll keep it in mind, I do have the baader IR/UV cut already.

Archived