Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

600d/700d owners advice please

Hi

Looking at a new 700d with 18-55 stm lens for 375 delivered. I was originally looking at a 600d second hand but at this price it seems amazing value.

I would get it baader modified later. Are these any good for AP?

I would like to use the video mode for planets as well but seen stuff about the video zoom mode not being any good.

I would really appreciate some advice.

Many thanks

I got the 650D so im in both camps.

I am very happy with the camera it has very good noise performance has the flip out touch screen uses the digic 5 processor but has no video crop mode although is great for normal video use i expect it is a mix of the 600D and 700D.

Alan

I went for the cheaper 1100d.

I gather the 600d is pretty popular but avoid the 650d can't recall why now but read a comment on here, is the 700d worth the price difference over the 600d that is not my dilema.

Here is a link which might be of use.

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/197023-cannon-eos-700d/?fromsearch=1

Thanks, I did come across that thread, read it again now.

Seems like the 700d will do the all important 3x movie crop mode with magic lantern.

The 700d I am looking at is a grey import so it appears, with a UK warranty apparently, although if I get it modified that would be academic any way.

http://www.portusdigital.com/canon-700d-dslr-camera-18-55mm-is-ii-lens.html

I guess the 650 comment I had read was because of the removal of video crop mode

I think the phase detect AF points on the sensor chip of the 650D do subtract from its potential noise performance so any advantage it has is very marginal.

Alan

Thanks for your comments, appreciated.

I think I'm going to go for a 600d with lens, looks like the grey import has a few potential issues(possible import tax etc) so best to steer clear I think.

At least the 600d is UK stock, best I can find is 319 delivered, and it is supported by a stable version of magic lantern as opposed to a nightly build for the 700d. 

Would the DIGIC 5 make that much difference? I don't know.

These decisions are agonizing...

V happy with my 600D so far, I paid 299 for a nearly new body with the nice 18-55mm STM lens - mine was from LCE, but I think Park Cameras may have some stock as well.

V happy with my 600D so far, I paid 299 for a nearly new body with the nice 18-55mm STM lens - mine was from LCE, but I think Park Cameras may have some stock as well.

Park Cameras don't have anything.

Took me a while to work out what LCE meant...We have one in Salisbury I might have a look. Didn't think of them to be honest,

You can pick up real bargains on fleabay if you are after a 600D. Mine was almost mint, came with manfrotto tripod, bag and kit lens plus spare battery and mem card for £200

You can pick up real bargains on fleabay if you are after a 600D. Mine was almost mint, came with manfrotto tripod, bag and kit lens plus spare battery and mem card for £200

Wow. That was a good deal.

I've been watching loads go for 300 or more.

Managed to get one for 250 in the end.

Now for a coma corrector.

Archived