Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SPC900 on Windows 8.1

Stu

As a committed visual observer, I am obviously asking this question on behalf of a 'friend', and honestly don't have an SPC900.... Cough cough ;-)

My question, can this be installed onto a Windows 8.1 tablet? Any guidance on getting this setup would be appreciated.

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch out for the driver in Windows 8.1. You may need to manually update the driver, my spc900 was initially recognised as a audio device.

Thank you, where would I get an updated driver?

I have tried this to no avail. The SPC900 seems to be recognized as an audio device, although it is listed as a composite USB device and has the camera listed under that.

I have installed the latest windows 7 drivers, any ideas?

Stu

Well I'm upgraded to 8.1, and apparently have the later driver installed but I can't make it work. If I try Skype with the other two webcams disabled it says no camera connected.

Any ideas? Is there a better app to test with?

Cheers

Stu

Well Avocette, thank you very much, that worked! Camera recognised and working fine. Just need some sun, or the moon later to give it a whirl.

Cheers,

Stu

Thanks very much for your help. I tried it out this evening when the sun poked through the clouds. I took a few short avi's, messed around in Registax for a while, not knowing anything about what I was doing, and got this....

nu2apu4u.jpg

Not great, but it's recognisable and proves that everything works.

Need some better seeing, and to understand how to work Registax now!

Stu

• 5 weeks later...

interesting thread, as I am also about to receive a Win8 tablet and hoping to attempt autoguiding! I was considering using an old unmod'd Logitech Quickcam 4000 (the one with the CCD sensor), but the drivers only went up to Vista. I tried the cam on my Win7 PC and Win7 installed drivers itself and if worked fine! Clever Win7.

However, I since tried a new cheap and nasty ebay cam and the low light performance was nearly as good! Technology hey. So I'm going to try a Logitech C270 which apparently has good low light performance (for guiding)

Archived