SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

5 Years of Reviews and Reports

John

I was tidying up my hard drive when I came across a bunch of the reviews and reports that I’ve posted on the forum over the past 5 years.

In case they are of any interest I thought I’d re-post them as PDF files in one “omnibus” post.

The products covered by each file are:

Tele Vue Nagler T5 31mm, Pentax XW 30mm and Skywatcher Nirvana 28mm eyepieces:

31nagler30xw28nirvana11-09.pdf

Skywatcher Aero ED 30mm eyepiece:

SW_Aero_30mm02-09.pdf

Pentax XW 10mm, Tele Vue Nagler T6 7mm and 9mm and Baader GO 7mm eyepieces:

PentaxVBaaderVNaglers11-09.pdf

Aries Chromacor CA / SA corrector used in a 150mm F/8 refractor:

Cromacorreview07-10.pdf

Baader Hyperions and Vixen LVW eyepieces compared:

Hyperions V LVWs10-10.pdf

TAL Apolar 125mm apochromat refractor:

Tal Apolar Review 05-11.pdf

Baader Classic Orthos and Baader Genuine Orthoscopic eyepieces compared:

Baader Classic Orthos01-13.pdf

Vixen 30mm NPL and Baader Classic 32mm Plossl eyepieces compared:

30mm Vixen NPL v Baader 32 pl02-13.pdf

Skywatcher SWA 70 degree eyepieces: 5mm, 13mm and 32mm:

Skywatcher SWA 70 Degree Eyepieces03-13.pdf

Astro Hutech, Baader Genuine and Baader Classic Orthoscopics compared:

HutechOrthos04-13.pdf

Vixen SLV eyepieces: 6mm, 12mm and 20mm:

Vixen SLV Eyepieces05-14.pdf

I hope the PDF file names I’ve used clearly indicate what each report covers and I've put them in the right place !

I’d like to add a further big “thank you” to First Light Optics here as they have kindly loaned me many of the pieces of equipment covered by these reports, and often for lengthy periods. I appreciate being trusted with these items and have really enjoyed the experience  :smiley: 

Excellent work over the years John. You have been so useful and helpful to the SGL forum with the quality of your reviews which I know that Steve and the gang at FLO appreciate.

I know that you will continue with further reviews which I look forward to reading.

In the meanwhile I hope we get together soon again to undertake a joint observing session.

Well I always enjoy your reviews John and sometimes act on them most recently with the SLV's for example :D

Keep up the great work John, there are pleny of us that appreciate your experience :)

Chris

Many thanks John for all the valuable info you've contributed to the forum over the years.

Only one thing left to say really....

when will the William Optics XWA be added to the above☺☺??

Just kidding mate, no pressure, but I will be interested on your thoughts on this one.

Many thanks John for all the valuable info you've contributed to the forum over the years.

Only one thing left to say really....

when will the William Optics XWA be added to the above☺☺??

Just kidding mate, no pressure, but I will be interested on your thoughts on this one.

Thanks Damo  :smiley:

As it happens ..... I've been using the WO XWA 9mm and the Skywatcher Myriad 9mm this evening. Clearly the same eyepiece and clearly very, very good hyperwide eyepieces. Better than I expected thus far, in all honesty. 

I need to use them under some darker skies and on a wider range of DSO's but I will pull together a report in the not too distant future  :smiley:

Archived