Narrowband

Arduino Ascom focuser Mark2

tekkydave

Yes Davey I looked at that, its all a bit strange to me as well.   Seems to me that at the bottom it wants to see Program as a command and not an part of the address,

perhaps that should be C:\> "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASCOM\AAF2.Focuser\ASCOM.AAF2.Focuser.dll"  with the quotes

the C:\> bit being already there.........   clutching at straws now

Thanks Gina. No thats all I needed. Did you ever install a previous version on that laptop?

No, this is the first time I've installed your app on anything.  This is the machine I use for all Windows astro stuff.

I think you need the quote things each end of the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASCOM\AAF2.Focuser\ASCOM.AAF2.Focuser.dll"   

or are we thinking no spaces in the path, no quote symbol ?

and between regasm & C:\  there is 'close bracket & space' or is that a > chevron and are chevrons (greater than/lesserthan symbol) the same thing, sorry rambling now.

Edited by Mick J

Tried all sorts of variations, with / without quotes, with / without chevron, spaces / no spaces / Capitals / lower case.

Last time I did this on the previous version it took ten minutes, don't know why it wont work now, damn computers  :grin:

Dave

I think you need the quote things each end of the path "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASCOM\AAF2.Focuser\ASCOM.AAF2.Focuser.dll"   

or are we thinking no spaces in the path, no quote symbol ?

and between regasm & C:\  there is 'close bracket & space' or is that a > chevron and are chevrons (greater than/lesserthan symbol) the same thing, sorry rambling now.

You need the quotes because there is a space between 'Program Files' and '(x86)'

Single quotes dont work - must be double quotes

No chevron - this part of the command prompt

regasm "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASCOM\AAF2.Focuser\ASCOM.AAF2.Focuser.dll" should work

You need the quotes because there is a space between 'Program Files' and '(x86)'

Single quotes dont work - must be double quotes

No chevron - this part of the command prompt

regasm "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASCOM\AAF2.Focuser\ASCOM.AAF2.Focuser.dll" should work

Tried with / without quotes earlier but will have another try :)

Still get same error message, like it can't find the path

If I put the qoutes  in it removes them and puts in single ones when it runs ?

Dave

post-21198-0-85501000-1429552668.png

Edited by Davey-T

post #685, the cmd snapshot - ASCOM.AAF2.Focuser.dll    not   ASCOM.AAF2.dll  perhaps

shame you cannot paste it in Davey,   perhaps need to let it sit for a bit, come back fresh.

You can...

Select and copy the text, right click somewhere in the command window, select paste from the context menu... :smiley:

You can...

Select and copy the text, right click somewhere in the command window, select paste from the context menu... :smiley:

The problem with this MacBook is the diabolical touchpad, the Windows installation ignores clicks on or does something completely different to what's expected, trying to highlight and click on anything is a nightmare :)

Will try again tomorrow, going out to play now.

Dave

Hello Dave,

Thanks for mentioning the improvements. I am aware of them :smiley: , but have not used any temperature sensor, yet.

I am currently using an Arduino Uno, because I had some USB (FTDI-chip?) problem (serial driver?) in the beginning with a different version. The UNO worked right away (sometimes you get what you pay for...).

During my current testing I still have problems with "manual mode" changes to the focuser position from my control program (Sequence Generator Pro := SG-Pro).

Here are my "experiments":

I switched on the "Trace" button in the Ascom window for the AAF2 driver. Using your "AAF2Focus" all works well, e.g. I can use the "coarse" and the "fine" button, the trace files demonstrate the proper functioning very nicely. I attached the AAF2... and Driver... files, see the xxx184815,txt versions below.

When I do the same experiment from within SG-Pro, things do not go well for V2.4 (it worked for the old version). I have the feeling the communication gets confused, see the attached files xxx185108.txt

I am hoping you will be able to look at these and figure out what is wrong, or what has changed compared to the former version.

Also I am wondering if anybody else has reported similar problems.

Thanks in advance,

Helmar

AAF220150420184815.txt

Driver20150420184815.txt

Driver20150420185108.txt

AAF220150420185108.txt

Hello Dave,

Thanks for mentioning the improvements. I am aware of them :smiley: , but have not used any temperature sensor, yet.

I am currently using an Arduino Uno, because I had some USB (FTDI-chip?) problem (serial driver?) in the beginning with a different version. The UNO worked right away (sometimes you get what you pay for...).

During my current testing I still have problems with "manual mode" changes to the focuser position from my control program (Sequence Generator Pro := SG-Pro).

Here are my "experiments":

I switched on the "Trace" button in the Ascom window for the AAF2 driver. Using your "AAF2Focus" all works well, e.g. I can use the "coarse" and the "fine" button, the trace files demonstrate the proper functioning very nicely. I attached the AAF2... and Driver... files, see the xxx184815,txt versions below.

When I do the same experiment from within SG-Pro, things do not go well for V2.4 (it worked for the old version). I have the feeling the communication gets confused, see the attached files xxx185108.txt

I am hoping you will be able to look at these and figure out what is wrong, or what has changed compared to the former version.

Also I am wondering if anybody else has reported similar problems.

Thanks in advance,

Helmar

Thanks for the feedback. I dont have SG-Pro so it would be difficult for me to test. I'll have a more detailed look at the trace files. Which version were you using previously with SG-Pro?

>  Thanks for the feedback. I dont have SG-Pro so it would be difficult for me to test. I'll have a more detailed look at the trace files. Which version were you using previously with SG-Pro?<

I believe it was AAF2 V2.3.0 (I found a downloaded file from March 7, 2015).

Not that I want to increase your work-load: SG-Pro allows a free test for 30 days...

Best,

Helmar

got the driver side all downloaded and working (win7 64) , its the arduino side that's got me stumped ,

Arduino: 1.6.0 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Uno"

AAF2.ino:34:80: fatal error: OneWire.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
Error compiling.

This report would have more information with
  "Show verbose output during compilation"
  enabled in File > Preferences.

OneWire.h , how and where do I put this file

Lenny

still cant make head nor tail of that wiki , I bash metal and use big spanners , welding / milling / turning is my game not got a clue with computers

If you follow the instructions here http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Libraries to install the 2 libraries (zip files) in my V2.4.0 folder you are halfway there. The section you need is "Importing a .zip Library". Then you just need to recompile the arduino sketch & upload it. Hope it's clearer now.

Edited by tekkydave

When you've done that,open the Arduino IDE and click on sketch then on include library in the drop down bit then click add zip library then browse to downloads and select the files.

Dave

• Like 1