Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

super long ISS pass tonight 12,06.2014

From here it appeared at 22:59:40 West of WNW above the rooftops and sailed past the Tail of Ursa major to finally

fade out about 3 degrees above the rooftops to the ESE. Bright and Serene, in contrast to the dronning, flashing Tin-tubes

full of tourists that were evident in quite a few other parts of the sky.

(Cannot really complain, I flew back across this area on my way home from Tenerife in April, but it does me good to have a short

rant now and again, justified or not).

Not long after (About 23:27) "something" sailed at a comparable rate and brightness from 20 degrees up to my WSW, Northwards

to aproximately the same height to the West of me before it faded out.

Have not narrowed this down to anything specific yet. Could have been any slowly spinning satellite, or a Buzzard carrying a mirror.

Regards, Mick

From here it appeared at 22:59:40 West of WNW above the rooftops and sailed past the Tail of Ursa major to finally

fade out about 3 degrees above the rooftops to the ESE. Bright and Serene, in contrast to the dronning, flashing Tin-tubes

full of tourists that were evident in quite a few other parts of the sky.

(Cannot really complain, I flew back across this area on my way home from Tenerife in April, but it does me good to have a short

rant now and again, justified or not).

Not long after (About 23:27) "something" sailed at a comparable rate and brightness from 20 degrees up to my WSW, Northwards

to aproximately the same height to the West of me before it faded out.

Have not narrowed this down to anything specific yet. Could have been any slowly spinning satellite, or a Buzzard carrying a mirror.

Regards, Mick

my money is on the buzzard, very vain those birds :grin:

Archived