Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ATIK Titan gets a 17FPS realtime registration test :D

NickK

As someone has shown - FFT provides a quick and fast way of doing a linear registration. In my case this unoptimised version (both code and algorithm) uses the Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) rather than the CPU to register in rotation and translation to give ~17FPS. Actually it's registering an LRGB image here but all white scaled.. so optimised I think this will get to 60fps.. The CPU version of this does.. 4 seconds to a 22MB frame..

Nothing says it better than a video..

Once I have a lens on the camera it will be more sensitive. The camera is bare with just the sensor pointing to the screen.. but it still managed to pick up the movement light caused by my hand..

You can see the text going. in the back ground - they're the frames.. I can add some more processing and optimise but for today.. here it is :)

Once things have settled down.. I hope to get a day of solar to test this further.

My optimised original CPU version here, aligning 383L images (17.1MB):

Old drivers, old ExampleApp.. before the OpenGL update too!

Archived