Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Had a go at m13 now messed about a bit  in ps and obviously a long road ahead but looking at my image what would you say needs work on,the centre seems overexposed but critisism welcome saved as jpeg just to give an ideapost-22583-0-04183100-1402054481_thumb.j ps have aquired a book for my birthday, photoshop astronomy r.scott ireland  but negotiating with the wife as to when i can get it :(

If you didn't use the 2x barlow and if iut is reasonable then drop that in and repeat.

Would increase the size and so dim the result a bit and should show a bit more detail around the edge (just bigger).

Depending on how good the barlow is the focus may suffer.

Main thought is not overdoing the centre and dimming by making it a bit bigger could be useful.

Just wait patiently for the book.

Wives should not be upset, it is not worth even thinking of upsetting them.

Also remember no matter what the book is like: Once you get it the it is a good book and covers the things you want and need it to.

Then peace and harmony will reign.

very tricky object to get right as the core gets over exposed and the outer stars don`t show up to well, so what you need to do is longer exposures for the fainter outer stars then short exposures on the core and layer them in photoshop short exposure on the bottom and then cut out the over exposed top layer.

this might help to get you started.

http://www.eastmidlandsstargazers.org.uk/topic/6878-cropping-and-combining-images-in-photoshop/

• 5 weeks later...

Re stacked after dl latest DSS configured I think it's called the fits setting so the debater set to my camera this time it seemed a better end result had a quick go in photoshop before the wife reminded me I was supposed to be doing the kitchen :( still work to do ,gradient removal being one ,comments welcome good or bad .

I

post-22583-0-83466200-1404573705_thumb.j

Using Photoshop curves can be useful for this. Bring up the lower part of the curve and then put a couple of points above half way to flatten the line in the upper half. You can combine this with a layer mask to reduce it's impact on the background as well once you've mastered the basic technique.

Cheers

Andrew

Archived