Narrowband

Galloway Star Camp 2014

Hello everyone, following on from the previously successful star camps I note there is still no notice of a 2014 event. I know there are a few keen to go and would like to know if anyone else is keen to get a camp and date organised. I am sure the site will be ok for it but will enquire availability. I don't want to step on toes here so any previous organisers please contribute to the post in the interests of everyone.

Thanks

ASTROSTUART

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Stuart,booking is in with Lesley at campsite.Steve will be stowed off with new job!!!!!

I will send you the dates asap today.

I will email Steve and chivvy him along.

Don`t worry there is a starparty its self populating and it will be nice and cold for those great skies.

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike,

Just to say that the New Moon in November is Saturday 22nd. So the best dates if possible would be 19  --- 24  November.

Most people no doubt would be arriving on Friday 21st.

Given that the weather at the end of November can be every cold, the alternative could be the end of October,  the New Moon date is October 23rd, which happens to be a Thursday.

Spoke to Reg, he cannot make Cumbria 10 as he is diving that weekend, but is looking forward to Galloway.

Decisions.... Decisions.... Decisions!!!

See you soon.

Cheers

Adrian

well i'm booking this week and taking the week off to attend

a couple of mates and my sons are up for it as well so looks like a good few days away for me

think we will need a couple of pitches, hope you don't mind a few gatecrashers that like to have a singsong with a couple of acoustic guitars if (and I hope not) the clouds roll in

Galloway Star party is running Wednesday 19th November------Monday 24th November 2014

Having talked with Steve I will be running this years event on his behalf as he is tied up with his new job and he will hopefully put in an appearance so your stuck with me!

The event will follow the usual format with bookings being made direct with Lesley at  http://www.drumroamin.co.uk/

Get your booking in early to secure an electrical hook-up and  place at the premier  Scottish Star party.

Please contact me if you need any help.

I will ask admin to move the content of  the other thread enquiring about Galloway, please use this thread for all things related.

I will be on site from Sunday 16th NOV  if any one wants to book early to prolong the dark sky experience your more than welcome, have a chat with Lesley.

Hopefully with the later date the weather will be kind to us, looking forward to catching up with friends and meeting newcomers,

See you all soon,

Mike

Can't wait

I'm booking this week and I think a few friends are up for it as well
I can also offer a pickup service for the Glasgow area as I have a large Transit van if anyone in the Glasgow area needs equipment transported to the site

they can't fit into there cars
I can also supply a small PA system if there are going to be talks and I also have a LED lighting rig that can be set to red only for night time use in communal area's
if that would be of any use ( I do festivals and venues for bands & conferences etc)

looking forward to meeting you all

Oldpink,can we have your name please,your offers are noted and thankyou,on the campsite Lesley and Ralph block all white lights,red where needed and they put up blinds on all windows ,warm room loo block etc,i will let you know if i need anything and i`m sure if folks need a equipment lift they can p/m you.

See you there,

Regards

Mike

Can't wait

I'm booking this week and I think a few friends are up for it as well

I can also offer a pickup service for the Glasgow area as I have a large Transit van if anyone in the Glasgow area needs equipment transported to the site

they can't fit into there cars

I can also supply a small PA system if there are going to be talks and I also have a LED lighting rig that can be set to red only for night time use in communal area's

if that would be of any use ( I do festivals and venues for bands & conferences etc)

looking forward to meeting you all

Hi oldpink,

that is a very generous offer(s). I am sure some poeple will greatly appreciate this.

Ian

Archived