Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Which laptop?

leelee970

Please could you good people give me some advice?

After pulling what little hair out trying to sort out my IBM thinkpad laptops I’ve decided to buy something a little more modern.

I therefore need a little help in choosing the right laptop.

I’m not looking to buy new (which may be short sighted, but the wife will kill me if I spend too much).

So my question is what second hand laptop should I go for and why? (around £100 - £150max)

I do my entire image processing on a much more powerful Desktop so don’t need it for that.

I would like to stick to XP, but would consider Win7.

I need to run C du C, Stellarium and Virt Moon atlas.

For imaging – PHD, Sharp Cap and APT.

I’ve just acquired a QHY5 II and would still like to use my trusty SPC900 as well as my Canon DSLR.

Many thanks in advance, Lee

Emad, tell me about it. I've spent ages trying to get one of my two laptops to install properly, but I'm finding too many hurdles.

everytime I try to add something I seem to get a message saying "you need......x,y,or z"

Thanks for all the replies.

I've tried to re-install XP on a clean HD, but then when I try to add SP1, SP2, Ascom6.1, net framework 4 etc I hit a brick wall - always asking for "this" and "that" to be added first???

Lee

Archived