Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help & advice

Northernlights21

Hi, I was wondering if any one can give me some advice, my husband was a keen star gazer, he pasted away, I now have 2 telescopes I need to get rid off, Helios sky scan 2001 & a smaller Helios. There is also a Meade digital telescope. I have no idea where to start. Can anyone give some advise on where to sell them. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I was wondering if any one can give me some advice, my husband was a keen star gazer, he pasted away, I now have 2 telescopes I need to get rid off, Helios sky scan 2001 & a smaller Helios. There is also a Meade digital telescope. I have no idea where to start. Can anyone give some advise on where to sell them. Thanks in advance.

There is a Durham Astronomical Society

DAS

They say they meet in central Durham on the 4th Friday which might be this one coming - not sure without a calendar to hand.

Redwood Lodge,
near Church Street,
Durham,
Co. Durham. DH1 3DQ.

No easily obvious email or phone but they may be able to help.

Cannot suggest much more as I am unfamiliar with the Helios and the Meade would need more information on to suggest anything such as a guide value.

The other club nearish is Cleveland and Teeside, they meet at

Wynyard Planetarium, Wynyard Woodland Park, Wynyard, Durham, TS21 3JG

The link given has an email for their Gen Secretary.

As already suggested, get hold of your local Astro society. They should be able to contact the other regional Astro societies for you to see if there is any interest. I've found new owners for several telescopes this way in my region.

They will need as full a description as possible and photos help too.

Hi welcome to SGL from Pete in Bedfordshire :smiley: the Helios sky scan 2001 refers to the mount not the actual tube on the mount. it would be worth getting some idea of value before you list them anywhere. unfortunately there is no shortage of people who would willing to take advantage of you. are there no labels on the tubes ?

Hello Northernlights, welcome to SGL. As you wanting to part with your late Husbands telescopes, we must assume that sadly, you will not be following in his footsteps. Sound advice has already been given, which should enable you to price the equipment for resale. For all our newer members, just a reminder that the Coc is very strict where the buying and selling of Astro gear on the open forum is concerned, any interest in this respect must be done via PM with Northernlights :)

Archived