Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

South Wales Star Party October 2014

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'll be setting off soon but havent got the gazebo :( the in-laws have gone away to Egypt and its in their shed  :BangHead: 

Will have my gazebo.......if its not too windy. if it is windy they'll have my gazebo in the next field  :icon_eek:   :lol:

See you all tomorrow :)

They are all down the pub Mark, only me here and I'm not going to be much use especially with games.

The wifi is slow at best and I'm not having any trouble with G3.

I've not heard of any other youngster coming. HTH :grin:

I'm here Tony although lacking electricity at present lol. I usually use my phone as a hot spot mark. To be honest. Expect it not to work and if it does then bonus. But I wouldn't say it would. It's rather a high tinterweb game is minecraft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk please ignore any spelling typo thingys

Lol it's fine tony :) I would of gone but some one bought a trailer that needs to be built :( tis not end of world though. Early night I think as from the look of it iv got a lot to do tomorrow! Any camping shops local does any one know?

Whey hey glad you made it Gaz!!

While they went down the pub I had a peep of the Milky way so that was a bonus.

Lenny took me sight seeing earlier today as he had to pick up the BBQ & some of the roads we ended up on were more like farm tracks lol. I even went to your dark sky sight for a look.

1795374_10152499864773434_41200050123065

I had a wander over tich saw your camera clicking away. From the large clear patch we had while I was building the trailer I think you will get a few nice shots:) which way did you go to get to the site? Fair play its a pretty good site where it is :).

Was hoping to pop up tomorrow night but got the car home today with new alternator, drove to bq and brakes failed,something to do with the vacuum pump on diesels apparantly.thank god I was not on the beacons or I would be dead now. Oh well looks like this year was just not meant to be.glad to hear everyone's enjoying themselves.

Was hoping to pop up tomorrow night but got the car home today with new alternator, drove to bq and brakes failed,something to do with the vacuum pump on diesels apparantly.thank god I was not on the beacons or I would be dead now. Oh well looks like this year was just not meant to be.glad to hear everyone's enjoying themselves.

God that must of been frightening, most important thing is your Ok thank god.

We won't be able to pop down to meet anyone like I had hoped because of work, hope you all have lovely clear nights and a great time.

Glad you are Ok Steve, must have been scary.

Best you do the Lottery, your luck has to change for the better.

Stay safe.

My appearance is looking dodgey too  :sad:  The University announced out of the blue on Wed that they are shutting down our astronomy course, so I'm up to my eyes in working with my coursemates to stop this happening.  This is on top of other commitments I had this week, so I think my candle is about to meet in the middle!  And I really need to  keep some energy for the function tomorrow night in London and not turn up looking like a Panda after a week of late nights and no sleep!  

I'll see how I feel later - don't rule out a quick visit, but it doesn't look like the long viewing session with my Telementor next to the big dobs in the dark skies I was really hoping for is practical  :sad:

Helen

Archived