Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn Photos Last Night

Hi All, How is your evening.

Last night at midnight I took my Celestron 130SLT NexStar out and attached my 3x Barlow and 9mm eye piece, and held my iPhone to the lens and took some of these great pictures (For a first time anyway). Does anyone know how i can make the images sharper or clearer. I have used a stacker but it doesnt really change much.

Many Regards,

Ben

post-34209-0-24544600-1397936099_thumb.j

post-34209-0-48431700-1397936103_thumb.j

satur.tiff

Hi All, How is your evening.

Last night at midnight I took my Celestron 130SLT NexStar out and attached my 3x Barlow and 9mm eye piece, and held my iPhone to the lens and took some of these great pictures (For a first time anyway). Does anyone know how i can make the images sharper or clearer. I have used a stacker but it doesnt really change much.

Many Regards,

Ben

download satur.tiff

its the clearest 

I would suggest using a webcam. It's possible to get half decent if perhaps a little small results.

The below were taken with a celestron astromaster 130 so you should, with a webcam be able to get images like these on good clear nights. Note saturn was taken last April and Jupiter the year before, but Mars was on 15 April this year.

post-21611-0-57607900-1397986373.jpg

Hello Ben

same as DBushell , if you can grab a cheap webcam you will find things get a little bigger scale wise.

there comes a point where you make an image worse the harder you push the telescopes optics.

and i would say your failry close with the 9mm and a 3x barlow ( makes a 3mm eyepiece equiv) .

i have found this myself on my 114 telescope, there is a sweetspot  25mm and 4x barlow is lovely nearlyits stretching but does the job

a 10mm on 4x is nasty and just does not work, its pushed the optics just that little to far.

in time you will find your sweetspot and a selection of eyepieces that delivery lovely views and yet not push to hard on the optic side.

webcams are planet killers i think, if you want awesome deepsky then your wanting maybe a DSLR later,

but a humble webcam and a spare couple of hours you get a nice simple planet munching camera.

I would suggest using a webcam. It's possible to get half decent if perhaps a little small results.

The below were taken with a celestron astromaster 130 so you should, with a webcam be able to get images like these on good clear nights. Note saturn was taken last April and Jupiter the year before, but Mars was on 15 April this year.

I really want to give the webcam a shot, but i use a Macbook air and i dont know which webcams support the mac operating system. And im not sure which software will work. And im not sure what adapters to buy to attach to the webcam. May someone help?

Archived