Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M51....& a step in the right direction!

cloudbuster

Ok....perfect it aint....but with my newly applied cable management procedure....a step in the right direction!

this is my M51 effort from last night....which i am really pleased with. this is 14x10min in Luminance...unfortunately i had to chuck 3 frames! hope to add the colour soon.
equinox 80 scope
atik 314L camera
HEQ5 mount
QHY5 & PHD guiding
cheers....and please feel free to comment!
bob
ps....i should add that i didnt use a reducer / flattener as i wanted magnification.

post-3512-0-91954100-1397899014_thumb.jp

Stars are looking good Bob - The core is a little blown but that's easily sorted - Looks like a win win all round. Well done :smiley:

Stars are looking good Bob - The core is a little blown but that's easily sorted - Looks like a win win all round. Well done :smiley:

thanks Sara

yeh this was only a rough stretch.....point taken....will go a little more gentler later! cant wait to add the colour!

cheers

bob

ps.....my effort is not a scratch up to your superb M51 sara! i will go for longer subs next time!

Hi Bob - whats your "cable management procedure"?  I made the mistake last night of not securing everything down and think i suffered from cables slipping and causing the guiding to "jump".  I may go down the single loom approach but was just looking for what others are doing.

Nice image btw

John

Archived