Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hard lesson (contd.)

Following last night's disappointing seeing (see thread 'A hard lesson'), dawn this morning brought a sky full of cirrus cloud, or mare's tails.

I think I'm right in believing these clouds are a sign of strong winds at high altitude and it seems too much of a coincidence that this would not have some connection with the poor seeing.

Can any of you more experienced observers endorse that idea?

Thanks for the reply, Beulah.

I did know that, though. The question really is would that affect seeing conditions? I just wondered if this was something that other people had come across in the past.

Nevertheless, thanks again for taking the trouble to reply. Appreciated.

Ah - I did edit my post but turned my computer off in a huff because the graphics card was playing up. Thought I saved it...sorry! :)

What I was going to say in the post was that yes, an incoming 'front' can affect seeing. What can be confusing though, is that 'natural' bad seeing can come from different sources; warm air from the earth below and weather fronts in the air above.

Ain't it just like everything ganging up on us!!

Every corner I turn there's another stumbling block ...

But hey! Alive 'n kickin' and enjoying the ride ...

Thanks.

Clear skies (please?)

Ronin, the only word I'd take any issue with there is 'odd'.

I'd rather go for 'wonderful', 'magic' or even the more pompous 'inspirational'.

But choose any word you like; we're DOING something.j

Have fun while you're doing it.

Archived