Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

stellarium problem

Also, what exactly happens when it 'shuts down'? Is it a sudden switch off? Windows is Shutting Down message? Blue screen?

If it is a very low spec computer then it could be that the image/texture for the planet is too much for the graphics card to cope with although Stellarium is usually one of the more efficient programs for low spec machines. You could turn off images and see if that sorts it. I've never heard of this type of thing from a computer though so as Peter asked above, give us lots more information and we can probably help. Don't be afraid to put real step-by-step detail in as well as computer model, operating system, graphics card, processor, memory etc; nobody will think this is silly and it is more likely to help someone diagnose!!!

cheers

Chris

Sometimes I have trouble with the gas giants on Stellarium, given their size and how many moons they have, there's a lot going on. It slows my system down... this sounds like a memory problem. Have you tried closing internet browsers? Chrome in particular wreaked havoc with my memory... now I'm on Firefox things are a lot better. Maybe try closing down any other programs and running Stellarium alone?

C2010X1.......Hi, has this always been the case, or just with Saturn?

With regards to what has already been mentioned, and the lack of info regarding anything else about the "shut-down" Sometimes the easiest fix is to uninstall the program. Then clean your system of any remaining debris ( I use CCLEANER) that is with a double C? re-boot,  then re-install the program,  its free.

That should fix the problem! If the problem still exists, give up some more information, and someone here will have a solution for you?

Hi, sorry about the poor information, my version is the 0.12.4, and when i try to zoom in on saturn, a message appears " The stellarium.exe found a problem and it will be closed. Regret any inconvenience this may cause you." then i click more information and it says "AppName: stellarium.exe     AppVer: 0.0.0.0     ModName: libstelmain.dll ModVer: 0.0.0.0     Offset: 000bb9d9 " and in this page if i click to more information it gives me the file " 169d_appcompat.txt "

Dude , go to stellarium pages and report that as a bug. Attach the whole batch of information you have and a description of what you did and the version of stellarium you have. It might be a known bug or it might be a new one. 

Archived