Narrowband

Another moon shot

JemC

Took this while out last night, it was still quite low in the sky, trying to get out as much as I can while we have clear nights :smiley:

15 frames

centred and cropped in Pipp

Registax

final tweaks in Photoshop cs5

post-35855-0-30377700-1397839670_thumb.j

Regards

There's a lot fo details there, and a very good start. :)

I belive there might still be a good amount of more details in it though, that might have been processed away in photoshop or registax.

Are you able to upload the "untouched" picture after it's been stacked only (with no post-processing applied in registax or photoshop)? I'd love to have a look at it to see if it's maybe possible to get more details out. Of course, only if you don't mind... :)

Hi Jannis

I don't mind at all, in fact I welcome any tips/advice in any way shape or form,
here's the image just centred and cropped in Pipp then run through Registax with default settings no other processing done on it all, hope you can make it better :smiley:

post-35855-0-50923300-1397868434_thumb.j

Regards

I've had a quick look at your pic now, and it seems there it's actually too much data to be pulled out from it due to the noise levels.

I'm guessing it's just many more frames needed to get rid of most of the noise.

Your pic appears to be a bit underexposed though? I recommend exposing it to around 80-90% on the histogram, as this will give you more data to work with too. :)

This is what i managed to get out of your pic though. I've tried not to get too aggressive on sharpening.

post-9520-0-12008400-1397980950_thumb.jp

Archived