SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A few solar images from 16th April

Luke

A few quick images from yesterday, taken with my SolarMax 60 single-stack h-a scope and Grasshopper 3 video camera, using my grab-and-go non-tracking mount. I think I could have done with more frames for the second image, it's not quite as detailed as I would have liked. Or maybe it was the seeing, or my stacking, or my processing or the way the wind was blowing?! ... :grin:

Wishing all the solar folks a sunny Easter. Hopefully Friday is very good indeed.

13889822522_af9769966d_c.jpg

13889940342_b6c2bcbc50_o.jpg

---

April 16, 2014

• 5 months later...

Thanks, Will!

I use a mono Grasshopper 3 and add false colour in Photoshop. The mono gives more resolution as only the red pixels would record the image in a colour camera. Though that said, i was really impressed by David's solar h-alpha images with a colour DSLR.

Thanks, Will!

I use a mono Grasshopper 3 and add false colour in Photoshop. The mono gives more resolution as only the red pixels would record the image in a colour camera. Though that said, i was really impressed by David's solar h-alpha images with a colour DSLR.

Thanks Luke, Solar is a little new to me as I'm not getting out much for the usual DSO stuff so I'm picking up tips and tricks where I can!

Scanning through the Solar section your images really stand out, just fantastic every one of them.

Cheers

Will

Archived