Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

North of Scotland power cut

Wazzat

Hi all.

A big patch of the North of Scotland, north of Inverness, Western Isles, Orkney and Shetland, had a power cut last night.

The electricity was off from 10pm to after midnight, approx.

It was cloudy where I was but I wondered if anyone had a good couple of hours seeing, without any light pollution.

Hi all.

A big patch of the North of Scotland, north of Inverness, Western Isles, Orkney and Shetland, had a power cut last night.

The electricity was off from 10pm to after midnight, approx.

It was cloudy where I was but I wondered if anyone had a good couple of hours seeing, without any light pollution.

where's the pictures man!!!! lol :) you got good enough skies let alone a power cut, my god bet you could see galaxies with the naked eye looool! :D

Ha!  Thanks for your replies.

OK, I suppose the area covered by that power cut is largely pretty good for lack of lights anyway.  Also, these northern parts are getting longer days now, and so there is less dark astronomy time. Someone might benefit from a power cut though!

tingting44, yes, the skies can be fantastic here, but the number of telescope outings has been few over the last year - VERY cloudy!  The Northern Lights evening was an exception - covered in another thread.

We'll hear a lot about that after the independence :D

Yes Emad, your right, I am sure we will hear a lot about power cuts when the oil feed from the north is cut off  :wink2:

But it was a shame the weather wasn't playing ball, it would have been good to see how much of a difference it made to my viewing area. So far I haven't heard if they have found the cause yet so maybe a repeat performance is not out of the question.

Yes Emad, your right, I am sure we will hear a lot about power cuts when the oil feed from the north is cut off  :wink2:

LOL....I'm trying to stop myself talking politics...but frankly, wish Scotland all the best! You can keep the oil in exchange of free passage into the Highland's dark skies. :)

LOL....I'm trying to stop myself talking politics...but frankly, wish Scotland all the best! You can keep the oil in exchange of free passage into the Highland's dark skies. :)

It's a deal  provided you bring the cans of beer with you!

Archived