Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Next Meeting

valleyman

With Mike winging across the Pond, was wondering if anybody wants a meet before we lose astro darkness.

With it not getting dark now until 9PM is it worth going to Blaenavon  one more time before the summer gets here.

Suggest it will be Saturday 26th April depending on the weather.

If there is enough interest I will give the nod  that it is on by the 23rd so you have fair warning, then give YES NO for the weather on the day

Pat

Sadly I'm busy next weekend. I will however be looking forward to the start of the Autumn viewing sessions. I need to finally test my new scope out at a dark sky site. Fingers crossed that the weather is good for those that can attend.

Dave.

On some of our meetings we have had 10/12 people up at Blaenavon. This weekend so far we have 3 plus 2 maybe's I am not sure if I can make it. My driving ban finishes this weekend, so might just pop up without the scope to say hello.

The meeting is ON subject to the weather as usual. May get a few more going between now and Saturday.

I will make the Call by 3PM on Saturday,

Pat

On some of our meetings we have had 10/12 people up at Blaenavon. This weekend so far we have 3 plus 2 maybe's I am not sure if I can make it. My driving ban finishes this weekend, so might just pop up without the scope to say hello.

The meeting is ON subject to the weather as usual. May get a few more going between now and Saturday.

I will make the Call by 3PM on Saturday,

Pat

I was deliberately holding off saying I can make it as I seem to put a cloud curse on every session I plan to attend!

However I do appreciate the need to confirm likely numbers in advance, so...

....if someone can guarantee clear skies this weekend I guarantee I'll be there.

I won't be there this weekend folks in fact I think the scope will now be mothballed until late summer - enjoy your evening those who go and thanks for organising everything on the meets this tyear Pat, Mike and Matt

Steve

Agree with you Lenny, Just seen the forecast (assuming the Met Office can get it correct over a 12 hour window). Looks like very heavy showers and high winds tonight.

So going to make a early call on tonight, so sorry guys but tonight is a "NO GO". seems my luck is as bad as Mikes.

Pat

Thanks Pat, that doesn't really come as much of a surprise.

I'm not having much luck with astronomy this year, however I am starting to become a bit of an expert in nephology and hyetology at least!!!

As they say, every cloud..........

There's always next time.

James

Archived