Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cassini dies

impactcrater

In 2016 Cassini will fly over the Saturn poles in an eliptical orbit and after 22 times it will plummet into the atmosphere of Saturn. It will be a sad day....NASA has a competition to name this final mission. My own is the "HELP ! I need somebody ...." mission. please post your ideas.....and you can trust us not to steal them !?

impactcrater....Cassini style

why would they crash it if its still working?

I believe they want to examine the dust and debris thrown up using spectoscropy.

Probably by using the Hubble if it is equiped for the job.

"K foundation" and me so deserving !!

I couldn't leave out the Hot August Night song...Done Too Soon....it really seems a tragedy to lose this fine ship...it has been so a part of our lives...but not after 2016....as you say , Here's looking at you kid....

I went for something out of Saturn/Cronus mythology and decided on Operation Omphalos (it also can mean center/heart of something). It sounds kind of cool at 3am in the morning in a sleep deprived state. Will probably look at it tomorrow and be like "errr?"

Archived