Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hiya,I went out tonight for the 1st time with my guide cam starlight xpress and a celestron OAG,it's all connected laptop to cam,cam to scope but all I get is a lot of white noise and no stars at all,but now and again when looping I press any tabs up top like tools or mount and then cancel it,for a spilt second it goes ok all black with stars but just as quick all the white noise comes back.any tips pls pls pls :((

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds to me like you are out of focus on the guide cam, on my setup the view in phd can be very noisy untill a star is on the chip, then suddenly the background goes dark and it shows a star (or usually lots of then).

Cheers Ant

Did you set up the OAG during the day and check the focus and alignment?

I use 1 sec exposures in PHD 2.2.1a with a slit guider ( similar to your OAG) on a C11 and Lodestar.....

Move the screen brightness slider (middle bottom) and see if that helps...

• 4 weeks later...

Did you set up the OAG during the day and check the focus and alignment?

I use 1 sec exposures in PHD 2.2.1a with a slit guider ( similar to your OAG) on a C11 and Lodestar.....

Move the screen brightness slider (middle bottom) and see if that helps...

Hi again,yeah I just got around to trying it in the daytime and all I got was a white screen,grrr

Ciro,

Hmmm

I assume you're using the Canon 700D for the primary imaging...does this show a focused image on a distant object?

If it focuses OK, then you need to adjust the position of the Lodestar (without moving the telescope focuser) until you can get a similar focused guide image. Use the shortest possible exposure.

Ciro,

Hmmm

I assume you're using the Canon 700D for the primary imaging...does this show a focused image on a distant object?

If it focuses OK, then you need to adjust the position of the Lodestar (without moving the telescope focuser) until you can get a similar focused guide image. Use the shortest possible exposure.

Yeah I can get the canon focused fine,just got tolded that the lodestar uses a lot of power and I was only having it connected with my laptop using the laptop battery,should It be plugged into the mains

Archived