Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sun 16/4/2014

Moonshane

The sun remains very lively and although not my best effort, I got the whole disk down and then a close up view of 2036 which is pretty close to what I could see at the eyepiece. I was beginning to reach the edge of my skills though and found scaling up quite tricky to achieve accurately.

post-5119-0-17654500-1397655858_thumb.jp

post-5119-0-66836400-1397655875_thumb.jp

cheers Umbraldot. I try to make them as accurate as possible but there will always undoubtedly be small errors. the advantage though is I get time at the eyepiece, in the sun and my processing time is about 1 minute and takes up less than 1 meg :grin:

Yes went out for an hour today only white light filter still have not purchased my Lunt 60.

Your sketch is excellent just as the wife an I viewed, the wife says it reminds her of Kembles Cascade.  

Hi Shane,

Those are excellent sketches. I have been following your various posts regarding sketching and I have to say I am very impressed. The improvement is evident over a very short period of time. You have capture the spots particularly well.

Keep up the good work. I struggle to draw a straight line with a ruler!!

Ian

Sent from ma fone using Tapatalk

Hi Shane,

Those are excellent sketches. I have been following your various posts regarding sketching and I have to say I am very impressed. The improvement is evident over a very short period of time. You have capture the spots particularly well.

Keep up the good work. I struggle to draw a straight line with a ruler!!

Ian

Sent from ma fone using Tapatalk

cheers Ian (and Sean) how nice of you to say! I am enjoying it a lot and it really makes you concentrate on the views. you need to set yourself some time though and not rush.

Archived