SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

AZEQ6 PEC Replay advice please

Hi although i am having great sucess so far with this mount i would like to tighten up the RA guiding using PEC training.

In the manual it sais 'After turning on the PEC Replay, it is recommended to wait at least one ycle time of the period error before taking a picture', how long is this cycle ? is there an indicater on screen or elsewhere showing this ?

Here's a phd graph from last night:-

post-11075-0-03238400-1397560350_thumb.j

Although this doesn't look too bad & stars are nice & round a couple of times RA error goes up a smidge, can i get these numbers even tighter or is the mount at it's 'guiding limit' ?

A couple of things

1) I setup each night so no obsy (yet :evil: )

2) Finder guider at 225fl

3) C8 was F6.3 (1280fl)

4) Only one of the AZ's counter weight's used so far (scope balances great with one so i assume i only need to use the 2nd one if i up the imaging weight, the extra weight at the moment will not improve things ?)

5) PA......All i do is plop mount down facing North, use Polarscope & put Polaris in the small cicle on the NCP orbit circle, good to go.

The tracking accuracy of this mount is said to be 0.1436 arc minutes, so in PHD if my total guide errors are reading 0.15 does this indicate i am close to this tracking accuracy (sorry but i don't know too much about this side of things)

Anyway more clear nights this week so work permitting i should get out, clear skies all & thank you for any advice / tips.

I think a cycle is about 8 minutes. My rudimentary (and maybe incorrect) understanding is that the worm gear does one "cycle" in about 8 minutes.

Maybe ask this question in the imaging section if no one replies here.

Jd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have just been reading the manual for the synscan for AZEq6 pec control & it says when you are setting up for pec recording there is a timer showing on the h/set & you keep the star aligned using the L/R arrows on pad when it has finished it,s cycle it gives a long beep this will be your cycle time you have to wait before you can start tracking here is the url where i got the info it,s on page 38

http://www.teleskop-austria.at/information/goto-eq8-sw/pdf/SYNSCAN_191112V3.pdf

I did manual PEC learning and if you select one option it does it for 8 minutes, if you select the other it does it for 16. As i did it by eye (and polar align by polar scope), when i play it back the tracking is 20 times worse than before....

As i said a few threads ago, you need to post in the imaging discussion section as i suspect most imagers just let the guider sort out "periodic errors".

Jd

Thank you both.

Already read the manual also, really why these queries come up.

My cycle was also about 16 mins but i did do the training via the guider, as per the manual, from what ive read you can use PEC along with guiding.

If doing guiding without using PEC why bother having pec on the mount ?

The idea of utilising PEC is so the 'major' errors are calculated out of the cycle which should mean phd should not have to make corrections too frequently, which is what i liked about using it.

Yes you can just guide without PEC but i wouldnt have minded tightening up the graph a bit.

Have you any pics of your graphs.

Archived