Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Image stacking in Photoshop my experience

I can't reply to Strawburrys thread as it seems to be locked but in answer to his question about stacking lunar images in Photoshop he is correct in that going beyond 25 frames (layer opacity 4%) is not really worthwhile, as Sharkmelly correctly says  PS will only accept integer numbers so it gets more and more inaccurate beyond this point.

Below is an example of the difference of a single frame on the left and a stack of about 25 on the right, I use the same formula (OPACITY = 100 / layer position) this was all done in Photoshop CS5.

Mel

post-4305-0-29441100-1397343935_thumb.jp

As he's been sucked into a black hole I wouldn't worry too much ...  :grin:

I think that whilst one can do a reasonable ,  if long-winded , job of stacking frames in PS or GIMP , the fact remains that dedicated stacking software that can handle hundreds of frames with ease is by far the best way to go ,  whether it be Registax or AS!2  or DSS for deep stuff.

Archived