Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Registax Problems

Hi, I'm a novice at using RegiStax 6 and am having problems stacking my DSLR frames.

My DSLR frames are 5184 x 3456 pixels.

Ran the CR2 RAW's through PIPP and outputted as BMP.

Stacking 4 single frames I end up with multiple images overlayed i.e. craters will show multiple versions of themselves.

Tried running the same 4 frames through PIPP cropping them to 3888 x 2592 with -648x-432 offset and outputting as an AVI - total size 115mb

Running this through RegiStax 6 resulted in an image that looked as if it had been fragmented then stuck back together by a monkey and it has the multiple image problem.

See attached image - is it just that RegiStax doesn't like files this size in which is there something else I should use or have I made some basic mistake - any help muchly appreciated.

_MG_3594_pipp Crapstax RS6x4.bmp

Thanks for the pointers above they look very helpful. Yes it is supposed to be the moon and having looked at the frames there is some movement across the frames. but nothing huge.

Can I ask another question, this time about alignment - I have a Celestron CGE permanently mounted, normally I do the 2-star align with 4 calibration stars. The last time I did full polar alignment i.e. using alt and az adjustments was about 12-18 months ago, so how often should I go right back and do a full re-alignment.

Thanks Again

Pete

Archived