Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Some advice please?

twintin

Hi Folks

my wife has asked me to get here some binoculars for our holiday in about 4 weeks. They have to be small enough to fit into a smallish handbag (my celestron 10x50 are too big) and not too expensive. They will be used for general viewing and by me for a bit of stargazing if it's dark enough at sea :rolleyes: Any advice on what to buy here and where from much appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

They're a possibility.  I have seen a pair of these Pentax 8-20x 24 UCF Zoom on tinterent but have no idea if they are any good or not, any thoughts or should i just discount them and stick to a single magnification pair?

I have seen a pair of these Pentax 8-20x 24 UCF Zoom on tinterent but have no idea if they are any good or not, any thoughts or should i just discount them and stick to a single magnification pair?

Avoid zoom binoculars. The end.

Has anyone tried the 8x25 trail finder III they look like a possibility?

Haven't tried them, but the T3 range has a reasonably good reputation. Just check the returns policy in case you don't like them.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update: The bins arrived earlier in the week so had a quick peek through them. First impressions are very good, the rubberised shell is very comfortable in the hand. The twist up eye cups are superb and the ease of focus is excellant. I compared the view to my 10x50 celestron up close pair and I have to say the view through the opticrons is much better. Brighter image even though less aperture less ca and generally better all round. For a small pair of chuck in the pocket/handbag bins they are excellent and my wife is very happy with them as am I.

Archived