Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cumbria Star Party 10

Hi All,Nina is holding csp 10 over the Spring  bank holiday Friday 23rdMay ----Monday 26thMay 2014.

I`m posting on behalf of Nina and will  answer any questions and take  bookings, hopefully Nina will chip in as she will soon be back online!

The Starparty will follow the usual format. See previous csp posts ,cost is held at £10 pppn,anyone bringing food let us know just so we don`t duplicate,i will bring me usual chili,we always end up with a good selection.

Have ordered clear skies,so fingers crossed.

Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new stargazers.

See you in May.

Regards

Mike

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Mike,

Count me and Daniel in. I've also let James know and when I get home tomorrow I'll post on the CSOG forum to let others know on there. I'll bring down a curry (not as hot as the last one though!! :grin: ) or something but we can sort that out nearer the time. 

For anyone that hasn't been before the Cumbria Star Parties are amazing, everyone is really friendly with plenty of experienced astronomers that are more than happy to help you out if you're stuck with anything, so if you're just starting out it's a great place to get help and advice on any aspect of the hobby.  

Say hello to Nina and her family for me Mike.  :smiley:

Looking forward to catching up with all the regulars and meeting new folks as well.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Mike,

I spoke to Jamie from Paisley at SGL 9 about the delights of the Cumbria and Galloway star parties.

Strangely he expressed an interest!!

I have just emailed Jamie with the dates of Cumbria party, as he had just left Lucksall before I noticed the thread started by your good self.

I will speak to Reg next week.

Speak soon.

Cheers

Adrian

I went last year and thought it was great. Really friendly and not at all nerdy (but then you can't have everything). If you've not been before, don't be worried at all. 

Is it ok if I do what I did last year and turn up if I can? It's all down to my mum and how she is on the day so I can't really plan that far ahead. Mike and I can compare our Argo Navises!

Well Hello Peeps,

Lovely to hear everyone is looking forward to CSP 10.  I am sure the weather is going to be great and there will not be much of a moon either, good choice of dates Mike !!!. 

I cannot believe you are busy again Guy, maybe next time.  Mike O Brian I hope you can make the next one, we can hold Star Parties here anytime so if there are any dates that you would rather we hold CSP 11 just let us know and it shall be done.

Have you all had plenty of viewing lately?  I am going out tonight, it looks like it will be clear and if I am right I think there is a Meteor Shower this weekend.  

At CSP 10 I will provide the jacket potatoes, and I will put an order in at work for some salmon - Hey Daniel I say you do the salmon again, you made such a good job of it last time and the chilli prawns I will get some of those, I can bring the tea, coffee etc. and the bacon butties.  

Need to dash, Mike is dragging me up the back

Archived