Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Somebody got EXTREMELY lucky

Look at this ad from ABS-UK:

http://www.astrobuysell.com/uk/propview.php?view=79506

Look at the price! No wonder it sold in the blink of an eye!! £485 for Vixen 30x125mm bins is the steal of the century! I just hope it was not picked up by a dealer who will sell it at a HUGE profit (even if he sells it at a reasonable price).

Me, jealous?  ;)

I was second in the queue..missed it by a few minutes..I fannied about justifying the spontaneous purchase to myself before making the decision!

Gutted, RL

I hope someone was really lucky, it was certainly a good price. We used to sell the Vixen 125 binoscope, the early ones were disappointing for a Vixen product, flares on star images, pronounced CA from the fast objectives and collimation issues. The model shown in the ad is a later version and hopefully better in performance.  :smiley:

• 5 weeks later...

Shame, leaves a nasty taste in the mouth. I just asked the question of the seller, sure I won't get an answer!

Lovely looking binos anyway, and would have been a very good deal for a genuine purchaser, sorry you didn't get them rl

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry but what is the problem here , the item was for sale in open view at a ridiculously low price , anyone here could have snapped them up , but didn't for whatever reason ...  :rolleyes:

That they are now being offered at a higher price is no surprise really , it's the way of the world.

Given the new price at Vixen , this is still a bit of a bargain in its reposted form.

I only feel mildly sorry for the original vendor , I don't suppose anyone was kind enough to contact them and tell them what a mistake they were making ....... thought not ...  :sad:

You are of course correct Steve, there is no problem at all.

Just a shame that a genuine enthusiast didn't get the chance to own them at a very good price rather than a trader making a large profit for not doing anything.

Stu

Not going to argue with you about it Steve, you are well aware of what I'm saying. Perhaps the genuine enthusiast did not have various web tools at their disposal to track these things the instant they appear.

As I said originally, you are correct, that is the world we live in and there is nothing wrong with it, doesn't mean I have to like it though.

Happy Easter (and I mean that genuinely),

Cheers,

Stu

Sorry but what is the problem here , the item was for sale in open view at a ridiculously low price , anyone here could have snapped them up , but didn't for whatever reason ...  :rolleyes:

That they are now being offered at a higher price is no surprise really , it's the way of the world.

Given the new price at Vixen , this is still a bit of a bargain in its reposted form.

I only feel mildly sorry for the original vendor , I don't suppose anyone was kind enough to contact them and tell them what a mistake they were making ....... thought not ...  :sad:

When I first spotted it it was already gone. No chance to give them some advice (or just to snap up the bargain and use the bins). You need lightning reflexes to snap up this kind of deal.

Fair comments guys , I guess that's the disadvantage of the 'net , everything happens so quickly , a matter of being in the right place at the right time ...  :embarrassed:

And a  happy Easter to one and all , it'll be a lot happier one when the Sun eventually breaks through and cheers me up , sorry if I came across as a little grumpy , cloudy skies are my only pitiful excuse ...  :p

No worries Steve, now cheer up and have a lovely day :-)

It was sunny here yesterday at least, today not so good unfortunately. Enough to make us all a little grumpy.

Cheers,

Stu

Fair comments guys , I guess that's the disadvantage of the 'net , everything happens so quickly , a matter of being in the right place at the right time ...  :embarrassed:

And a  happy Easter to one and all , it'll be a lot happier one when the Sun eventually breaks through and cheers me up , sorry if I came across as a little grumpy , cloudy skies are my only pitiful excuse ...  :p

Cheer up, Steve, you what they say: "Some things in life are bad, they really drive you mad, other things just make swear and curse ....." :D

And why did a 'genuine enthusiast' not get the chance to snap them up ... oh that's right they did have the chance , as they were for sale in plain view for all to see ... :rolleyes:

Glad to see we are all getting along again. For me I just share the sentiment that I would have preferred someone to get them at a great price who was going to use them and enjoy them rather than for someone to make a fantastic profit.

However I agree the "dealer" has done nothing wrong and is as entitled to buy as anyone else.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Archived