Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mesu installation about to commence...

Helen

Well I've had the Mesu for nearly 3 weeks but because of holiday and other commitments (like a birthday party  :grin: ) I haven't had chance to do anything with it!  But tonight the process starts... so off to remove the scopes from my EQ6 and see what adjustments I need to make to the pier....  (I have already just connected up the mount to a power supply for a practice slew - its much quieter than my EQ6  :grin: )

Watch this space for developments over the next few days  :smiley: (and Steve (Steppenwolf) may wish to leave the country before I start pestering him with questions!!)

Helen

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm rather excited about the potential of this new mount Steve, but recognise there will be a learning curve so will be taking it in stages.   I have to start with decommisioning before the fun (challenge) of commissioning  :smiley:

Helen

Wow, I didn't know you had a Mesu, Helen. Good luck with the installation. It must be nice and quiet, I didn't find the NEQ6 that noisy. We need some kind of mount noise scale. I judge my 400P goto dob as more noisy than my HEQ5, but less noisy than my old CG5.

Phase 1 completed - EQ6 removed, Mesu added to pier  :grin:   This is temporary as I need to take off the pier top plate to get a hole drilled for the az adjuster, but I think I'll a have a quick play with it later this evening (got a commitment for a few hours, but should manage a bit of time after that).  I've just downloaded the manuals (being a woman I'm going to read the instructions first :wink:).  Software will be downloaded later out the obs.

Getting excited!! Question though: as my birthday is actually tomorrow should I wait for first light til then???

Helen

Phase 1 completed - EQ6 removed, Mesu added to pier  :grin:   This is temporary as I need to take off the pier top plate to get a hole drilled for the az adjuster, but I think I'll a have a quick play with it later this evening (got a commitment for a few hours, but should manage a bit of time after that).  I've just downloaded the manuals (being a woman I'm going to read the instructions first :wink:).  Software will be downloaded later out the obs.

Getting excited!! Question though: as my birthday is actually tomorrow should I wait for first light til then???

Helen

Don't be ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy birthday for tomorrow, too.

Olly

Happy birthday Helen,

Welcome to the world of SiTech and Mesu. If you have downloaded all the manuals and updates you will have plenty of reading to do. I find it handy to load them onto my tablet and work through the software on the laptop.

Have you tried the satellite tracking?

Nigel

Happy Birthday, Helen and what a birthday present too! Get reading up the difference between an 'offset init' and a 'calstar init' - you know it makes sense!!<br />

<br />

<br />

Sent from my iPhone from somewhere dark .....

Thanks for the birthday wishes :smile:  Been a good day so far...  sun shining so I've been in the obs with the roof off playing  :grin:   Stage 1 completed - software downloaded and both CdC and Maxim are talking to the mount  :grin:   I'm going to leave them to get acquainted this afternoon while I go out for afternoon tea, but hope that I'll get a chance to get a scope on it tonight.  (Am I sad? I was offered a meal out this evening but chose to eat in and then play with my mount??)

Helen

(Am I sad? I was offered a meal out this evening but chose to eat in and then play with my mount??)

Tough call, Helen but a wise choice - take some Tapas and a glass of wine out to the observatory and it's a win-win scenario!

Hello Helen,

As you are using Maxim, look on the guide tab and make sure the "Auto Scope Dec" is unchecked. Sitech adjusts automatically for the higher Dec. If left checked Maxim will over compensate.

Have you registered with the Yahoo groups for Sitech and Mesu.

Nigel

Archived