Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Addendum to "My 'modded' Meade ETX105 OTA - part 1 & 2"

RT65CB-SWL

Hi all.

For those of you that have viewed my, My 'modded' Meade ETX105 OTA - part 2, in this section, http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/210185-my-modded-meade-etx105-ota-part-2/, I thought I would add this addendum as I have just found this cropped photo of Jupiter. It shows the effect of ghosting or flare that I had been used to seeing when looking at Jupiter and/or other bright celestial objects with tube rings on my ETX105. Quote: "..Firstlight with them and I was not happy. I was getting a slight ghosting or flare when looking at Venus, Jupiter, Saturn and any bright star (ie >mag. +0.5 to +2.5). Further examination revealed it may need collimating. I may have slightly distorted the meniscus cell when tightening up the rings and this may have affected the alignment of the secondary in the light train/path. (The same was happening with the Vixen tube rings too)..."

post-4682-0-01867700-1394378452.jpeg

A cropped photo showing the ghosting

or flare on Jupiter that I would see with

tube rings on my ETX105.

Hopefully this makes sense of my explanation. :icon_salut:

Archived