Narrowband

Herstmonceux Festival of Astronomy 10th anniversary 2014

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

after talking to a couple of the ladies on the Herstmonceux stand at astrofest, all i can say is they can not be many better looking backdrops for an astronomy festival than Herstmonceux. it looks fantastic!

Sure is a unique experience. This picture is from 2006.

post-3820-0-01494400-1392327603_thumb.jp

Oh no. What a nightmare night for all involved :-(

Can't believe I actually got out for a couple of hours with clear skies last night (albeit bleached out by the moon) when you look at the weather out there tonight.

Ah,that's more like it. Would love to go ... It's a great setting; I grew up near there and actually visited it with my family last summer. Must admit I was *slightly* disappointed at what's there now as it was a bit hands-on general science for children, which is absolutely fine, except I would have liked something more for teenagers to get involved with astronomy-wise.

Aha I see. You are very lucky to have a place like that to observe from. I might give our coast a miss for a while!

Wise decision. Feel for you guys and girls over in "Angleterre sous la mer". It has been going on way to long. 

Went for the whole weekend last year and had a great time, 2 of the 3 nights were clear, although we did have a thunder storm on the Sunday night, they have some great talks during they day and in the evenings you can look through some of the big telescopes in the domes.

Went for the whole weekend last year and had a great time, 2 of the 3 nights were clear, although we did have a thunder storm on the Sunday night, they have some great talks during they day and in the evenings you can look through some of the big telescopes in the domes.

me too it was fantastic....

Archived