Welcome to Stargazers Lounge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Orion StarShoot G3

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

bogdog

bogdog

Star Forming

• Members
  • 164 posts

hi all

during this monsoon season for the uk,been stuck browsing ...or window shopping lol
and came across Orion StarShoot G3 Deep Space Imaging Camera?

http://www.amazon.co...strophotography

never seen any pictures posted on here from anybody using one
so question is are these any good for a starter in ccd imaging?
i dont have deep pockets filled with cash and i know there are tons more stuff i would need
so if anybody has used one or know anything about could you enlighten me

geminijk

geminijk

Vacuum

• New Members
  • 4 posts

I do not have the camera, however their is a guy on YouTube that did a favorable review of the G3 mono. It certainly looks like a decent setup for the money imho. If I didn't have the DSI II, I would get that one. Also, but for more money, is the Lodestar. Not really an imager, but I have seen some wonderful shots with it for semi-live viewing. 

An important consideration is what scope/mount your using. A GEM is really necessary for anything longer than 30 second exposures, and guiding probably necessary for anything over a minute. 

John

bogdog

bogdog

Star Forming

• Members
  • 164 posts

thanks for the reply,will be used on a skywatcher 130m with motorised eq2 (i think it is)

I also have the skywatcher 102 but that is a goto alt mount but as i have read these arent good for AP :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users