Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My adventures from Jan 24th

Eriktim82

Ok.

For IC 434, M 42, NGC 2024, and M 82 (M 81 only had 7 frames)

Exposure - 64 frames x 8.5s using batch capture in WxAstroCapture, so 9 minutes worth of exposure.

AGC - low

ssnr - half way

ssdr - halfway

Adjusted brightness and contrast using WxAstroCapture before capturing

Processing

Converted 64 frames avi to bmp

Stacked using Deep Sky Stacker

Gradient, levels, and curves adjusted using Photoshop.

Hopefully that's everything. Let me know if i forgot anything.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Welcome to the group and great work on the captures - looks like the xt10 is tracking very well - I always wondered how the tracking dobs would work out for video astronomy but looks like it works just fine!

Looking forward to seeing the results of your future sessions!

I also find with the Az-Eq6 the goto is not always accurate enough for the small sensor at the 1.2m focal length. I normally goto a nearby star, centre it I'm the camera image using 10ms exposures then do a PAE align via the mount handset then goto to the target. That normally puts it pretty much bang on and tends to also track well!

For visual I still like to sometimes star hop (albeit using the handset) and just let the mount carry on tracking when I have found the target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks for the info - I really must get my 10" reflector set up with my video cam and have a go myself!!

It must be very satisfying to get such good results from a relatively modest camera.

Out of interest have you considered listing your equipment in your signature??

I use as a 2" c-mount adapter from Scopestuff.com

http://www.scopestuff.com/ss_c2bf.htm - link to the 2" c-mount.

1.25" GSO 0.5x FR from agenaastro.com

http://agenaastro.com/gso-1-25-0-5x-focal-reducer.html - link to the FR

In the future I will upgrade my FR so something with better quality, but the GSO works good for now.

The important part is with the 2" c-mount adapter is there is also 1.25" threads and I screw on the FR to that. With that setup the FR actually works as a 0.67x FR.

post-30137-0-63344600-1391114456_thumb.j

post-30137-0-35118200-1391114581_thumb.j

post-30137-0-41339500-1391114839_thumb.j

Thank you geminijk. I've had my camera for almost a year now and it has taken some time getting use to it and messing around with it. The main thing I've done is just experiment with the settings.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Archived