Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What CCD temperature (APT)?

Demonperformer

Hi Demon,

If I remember correctly, Steve Chambers was asked this question and he reckoned -10 as a good all round figure. I also think it was after testing rather than making it up.

Kaf chips are normally run colder, -25 seems good.

Dave.

The title says it all, really.

I will be using an SXV-H9 CCD camera and APT as my capture software.  What temperature setting would you use?

Thanks.

I read somewhere that with Sony ICX sensors very little is gained below -10 C, so -10 C ~ -12 C should be  sufficient.

A.G

During the winter I would run the camera at a temperature lower than the coldest weather encountered so that all exposure can use a standard set of calibration images. We tend to run all our cameras at -25 C (-20 C during spring and autumn to avoid humidity freezing out on the CCD glass) and that is not always enough, but that is (southern) Sweden for you.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

How did you get on with the cooler setting, as with the SXV-H9 there is no option to choose a temperature, it just runs all the time and will go down to -30 below ambient temp, so how did you Manage to set a temp??

I know it is an old thread, but you never know

Regards

AB

The SX H9 came in two different specs. The earlier VF range was not regulated, the latter VR range was regulated.

Steve

I see on another forum that you have had this camera and the guide head that goes with it, I have the guide head too and wondered if this can be used in conjunction with the camera with PHD guide software, or can it only be used with the dedicated SX software?

If it can be used with PHD then when you connect to the camera, how does it know to connect to the guide head and not the imaging camera to guide?

Regards

AB

Archived