Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astronomy Shed

stargazerslivingroom

Pardon my innocence but what does that mean/imply? Why also comes to mind?

Steve

Hi Steve, Just means that someone has maliciously taken control and defaced astronomyshed's front page. Reason's could be anything but most likely for bragging rights to the hackers community, hence the message left on the front page.

Point taken.

Sorry

Steve

Don't think you need to be sorry for anything Steve, we are all here to share information. I don't believe talking about other astronomy forums is against  the COC http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/194339-astronomyforumnet-site-crippled/?hl=%2Bastronomyforum#entry2076679

I'd have taken that as a compliment... you know..."in his hour of need, when lesser sites were falling down all around him, where did he go for comfort, for solace, and to find out what the chuff was going on?"

He chose "The Stargazers Lounge"!  The place to be, the place to find out stuff... :smiley:

I also think you could take the view that the OP is giving us all a heads up -  if someone is concerned that the integrity of another site has been compromised then it's useful information to be aware of.  There are a lot of SGL members who also frequent the Shed.

Helite - it's not against the CoC but if I have a problem with my car I don't ask a plumber for help.....the OP might get a better response for the issue by contacting their admin.

Well in that case

Helite - it's not against the CoC but if I have a problem with my car I don't ask a plumber for help.....the OP might get a better response for the issue by contacting their admin.

So it is fine to ask about rattling BMWs and describe Iron Man costume builds ad nauseum but someone dares mention another astronomy forum the mods are all over it like a rash.

Well in that case

So it is fine to ask about rattling BMWs and describe Iron Man costume builds ad nauseum but someone dares mention another astronomy forum the mods are all over it like a rash.

I don't see the mod team all over it like a rash, do you? 

What I see is a fair question with several fair answers and a difference of opinion.

So not only is your outburst unnecessary it's also inaccurate.

Pardon my innocence but what does that mean/imply? Why also comes to mind?

Thank-you for the heads-up but we like to keep good relations with other astronomy forums so don't want a discussion here at SGL contemplating why a forum was hacked or what it might imply. So with that in mind we would like to wish Astronomy Shed a full and rapid recovery and respectfully ask anyone with questions regarding the situation to contact the Astronomy Shed admin team. 

This thread is locked  :police:

Archived