Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ISON Spotting

hobsey

Right, next week I was due to go to the Brecon Beacons but unfortunately its fallen through and now I'm not going.

While I was there I was going to get up early to go out and find comet ISON as I thought this would be an ideal place to see it.

As I'm now not going, is there a good location locally where I would likely to see it.

Cheers.

While I was there I was going to get up early to go out and find comet ISON as I thought this would be an ideal place to see it.

If you are up early for look for ISON then remember that with a good horizon you should be able to see Mercury as well.

How about Newlands Corner, just off the A25? Can't remember how far east the view extends.

Reckon if you set up on the grass slope in front of the car park the eastern horizon nay be okay. From the car park itself the trees by "the but" cafe will be in the way me thinks.

Archived