Narrowband

Astro Panel not working?

peroni

Astro panel is a really nice app but I've never found it reliable. It would often get stuck insisting that I had to tell it where I was even though I'd given it latitude and longitude many times before (which I attributed to being confused when it couldn't get a GPS signal) and when it did finally realise where I was wouldn't update the forecasts for several days (which I guessed was the underlying database not updating). So I never really got a chance to find out how accurate it is as it didn't seem reliable enough to test. So I deleted it.

Same here... I think its when the 7timer web site is down

Same here. Reinstalled but still no luck

Same here... removed it and reinstalled..nothing.. I believe it's a crash in the database.

It's good to know I'm not alone  :grin:

I have just sent Shibby (the developer) a PM. Maybe he knows what is going on

Excellent. Here's hoping for a fix. It's the best astro weather app I've used and would be a shame to see it die.

Hi guys,

Sorry about the app. As you suspected, it relies on 7Timer's APIs and the whole service is down at the moment :-( I know this because I've received endless emails from users!

I've been in touch with the people who administer it and believe they are still working on a solution. Hopefully they'll get to the bottom of it soon!

I'm glad you find (found) the app useful :) Let's hope it becomes useful again!

Hi guys,

Sorry about the app. As you suspected, it relies on 7Timer's APIs and the whole service is down at the moment :-( I know this because I've received endless emails from users!

I've been in touch with the people who administer it and believe they are still working on a solution. Hopefully they'll get to the bottom of it soon!

It's a great app, thank you!

Hi guys,

Thanks for the update Shibby. :-)

sent from my tablet

• 1 month later...

Archived