SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sightron Nano Tracker

Hi everyone

just wanted to post a short experience of using this amazingly small and cheap tracker which I have bought to go on holiday without upsetting the wife as to what suitcase space I take up!

Well its tiny and if you are thinking of polar aligning with the small hole that is drilled in it forget it as the base is so small it is covered by the tripod base. I have bought a Manfrotto compact tripod to go with it and a Sigma !0 -20 mm lens and hope to get some wide field images in Barbados.

To overcome the polar alignment problem I have made a small bracket which fits between the tracker and the head, I have made a hole large enough to use the polar scope that I use with my Astrotrac and it works quite well. The only images I have managed so far due to weather etc was the Pleiades using a Canon fixed 200mm lens with a 30 or 40 sec exposure time. This was all done in a rush and I only took about five jpegs and combined them in DSS just to see what the end result would be like.

I can honestly say that I was quite impressed with the accuracy of the tracking and if anyone is looking for a tiny tracker would heartily recommend it for a budget buy.

If I get the chance in the coming weeks I will do a proper test and use raw darks etc and combine more pics.

post-11184-0-39092600-1383565829_thumb.j

Archived