Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Comet C/2013 R1 Lovejoy 28/10

Had a good night last night with 4 different targets and my first ever photographic comet was one of them. :D

I wasn't planning on it but as it rose above the house I figured if I aim at Procyon and to the left I might find it as I couldn't see it visually in bins or on a single sub but when I stacked it I had just got it up in the top left of picture.

At least now I know where it is so I can centre it properly and cut Procyon out if I try again.

Quite happy with that.

Taken with the 450D and dodgy 75-300mm lens at 300mm,, I forget how many but it's a heap of stacked 30 second exposures at ISO 1600, f/9.0

10538789196_be62d154ec.jpg

Thanks.

I stacked it first go just normally to see if I had it and then this pic is stacked using both the comet and stars setting and to be honest I'm not sure of the difference made.

I'm actually running a comet only stack now so hopefully it can find it and stack just it, I worry that it's so small and faint it doesn't register. We'll see in about 30 mins I guess.

Thanks.

I stacked it first go just normally to see if I had it and then this pic is stacked using both the comet and stars setting and to be honest I'm not sure of the difference made.

I'm actually running a comet only stack now so hopefully it can find it and stack just it, I worry that it's so small and faint it doesn't register. We'll see in about 30 mins I guess.

i have found stacking on the a bit time consuming, checking each image and marking the position but its worth it. looking forward to see the end result.

The problem I'm having is it wont actually let me select the comet it's so faint.

It will detect the stars around it but I can't select any other point.

edit: Hold the shift key and click works.

Back to work. :D

Archived