SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Coaxitron Protocol - CR6

Spacedout

Hello Chaps,

Has anyone worked out yet how to control their new CR6 using the Coaxial Communication system?  I had a quick look on my DVR last night and could not find anything in the menus that showed how to do this. 

Thanks

Karl

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Davy,

I may look at getting a different DVR if that is the case, what a shame :sad:   The CR6 camera does have a coaxial communication system though so there must be some way of controlling it via the video cable.  Failing that I'll have to look at how some others have made their own controllers.  How do you control the Sammy?

Cheers

Karl

Right my DVR is packed up ready to be sent back!  I'm getting an upgrade and the chap thinks I'll be able to use the new DVR to control the CR6.  He did not sound too confident though so we'll have to wait and see.  Is there anything in a spec I should look for on a DVR that shows if it can access the camera's OSD?

Cheers

Karl

hi karl,,sent them a message on ebay about my dvr no backing up to ext hard drive or recognising the usb stick wait n see what he says...the spc controller for the Samsung I found one for sale on ebay months ago but it went for funny money,,,my thoughts on the dvr were (hoping)that when the imput signal was received from camera to the dvr that having a lan cable to the laptop that it may allow remote operation of camera and if it did setting up the dvr to a wireless router would then give wireless control over camera functions...davy

Hold everything!!!!! I think I have found the answer, I think this is specificlly designed for the CR6 or W5 range which they sell and might even control the Sammy :grin:

http://www.cctvsuppliersuk.co.uk/w5-coax-inline-coax-controller-506-p.asp

Good news me thinks! a phonecall will confirm.

Carl

Holy schmoly!  He's only gorn'n dunnit again!!!  Carl you are a genius!  I await in eager anticipation!

hi karl,,sent them a message on ebay about my dvr no backing up to ext hard drive or recognising the usb stick wait n see what he says...the spc controller for the Samsung I found one for sale on ebay months ago but it went for funny money,,,my thoughts on the dvr were (hoping)that when the imput signal was received from camera to the dvr that having a lan cable to the laptop that it may allow remote operation of camera and if it did setting up the dvr to a wireless router would then give wireless control over camera functions...davy

Hi Davy,

You should be good they have been okay with me so far and have agreed to send a slightly better replacement which is the 404.  I think ours was the 431.  Mine is being picked up tomorrow so should get a replacement by Thursday with any luck.  I still want it though even if Carl's latest gem of a find works.  Did you get chance to try your theory of controlling the camera?

Cheers

pelco c-coaxitron..the protocol was created to send ptz commands to a pelco security camera.

function........command messages are fed over the same line as the video feed to cut down on cables,...p & d commands can be fed over a coaxitron via coaxitron translator made by pelco.

format...........coaxitron sends messages to devices in the form of a 4-byte code - the bits in these bytes each represent a command to control the camera - if a bit of a command is set, the camera must perform the action corresponding to that bit...

pelco c-coaxitron..the protocol was created to send ptz commands to a pelco security camera.

function........command messages are fed over the same line as the video feed to cut down on cables,...p & d commands can be fed over a coaxitron via coaxitron translator made by pelco.

format...........coaxitron sends messages to devices in the form of a 4-byte code - the bits in these bytes each represent a command to control the camera - if a bit of a command is set, the camera must perform the action corresponding to that bit...

Bits'nbytes I'm way out of my comfort zone now!  Let's hope that HC Carl is looking into does the job, I need simple for the simple :icon_confused:

looks the biz..be up for one of those ,,,save shaking the mount lol...davy....there's an other type to check www.bbvctv.co dr-ad300....

hope to hear back about my dvr tomorrow...realy need back up function ...if cant get lan to work the way I want I to.

Good news folks, called JT and they confirmed it does control the CR6 and wait for it he checked with Samsung and it will also control the Sammy 2000p as its chipset is W5 :grin:

Cheers Carl 

Carl, you are a blinkin genius!!!!  Before I order two dozen how does it connect to the camera?  My coax from the camera will have a BNC/phono on the end connecting to the DVR. 

Stupid question but would this work for the sammy? or maybe even the LN-300?

And would there be lots or wiring and soldering involved? Cause im really not good with that stuff :)

I would really like just a nice simple plug and play remote to make things easier. I had a look at the mod for making a remote for the sammy and that really is way too far outwith my comfort zone! :)

Hi Chis,

Carl checked this with JT and they said it does control the Sammy 2000P but follow the link and give them to be certain.  From what I can tell It is simple plug and play but just ask them as I'm not sure if you have to go through a DVR.

Cheers

Karl

Hold everything!!!!! I think I have found the answer, I think this is specificlly designed for the CR6 or W5 range which they sell and might even control the Sammy :grin:

http://www.cctvsuppliersuk.co.uk/w5-coax-inline-coax-controller-506-p.asp

Good news me thinks! a phonecall will confirm.

Carl

That's a good find for £24 compared to the Samsung one's. and you couldn't make one for that price

Archived