Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Focuser motor advice please?

Hi chaps

Not sure which section this should go in so i`ll try here!

Bought an SW motor focuser while attending Kelling to see if I can adapt it for my SW Espirit 120. I`m pretty sure I can adapt one of the supplied brackets for the motor but unsure about removing the coarse focusing knob. There is no allen screw on the actual knob but one visible inside a recess in the mount itself see photo. I think loosening this screw will remove the coarse knob but will it remove the spindle as well?,. The focuser is a combined Craford/R&P and I don`t want the focuser to disintegrate by removing the wrtong screw :shocked:

post-15973-0-95578800-1381248243_thumb.j

thanks

Steve

I've moved this here as I think it will get more replies. I'll leave a link in the original location.

I can't answer your question myself although I'd be very cautious in playing with any of the hex screws until someone has confirmed whether or not that unit will with with this focuser. Once one of these crayfords has become unadjusted it's darned hard to get them working smoothly again !

Thanks for that John. It seem to be a very substantial focuser with no slack and doesn`t budge with all my gear on it and it claims to be a Crayford/R&P but I don`t want to disturb it,maybe have to adapt it to go over the knob itself?

Regards

Steve

Archived