Narrowband

What Can I Expect to See....?

Excellent!! This will save beginners from the belief everything they see in the glossy astro mags is what they will see through their first telescope. While I found the first views of Saturn through my 200K mind blowing I have to admit I fell for the whole magnification is everything trap and often wasted many a nights observing looking at mush through a 6.5mm eyepiece expecting to see masses of detail.

• Like 3

Excellent, really looking forward to the next part. Mrs.C thinks I'm mad spending hours looking at bits of fluff, but you never know what you might find ( even under the sofa !)

Old Nick.

many people spend hours on the internet looking at bits of fluff.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

many people spend hours on the internet looking at bits of fluff.

One reason for the bigger scope and upgrades, not to expect to see more hubble type images, but to find more and smaller fluff under the sofa that is fainter  :smiley:  

• Like 3

Nice one :smiley:    At my last club meeting (Castle Point AC), eyepiece expectations were discussed. We talked about Stephens Quintet. Someone said that we observe with our eyes and mind together. I said - when you look at these galaxies, the light you are seeing left them when Earth had but a single continent........with that in mind, those little fuzzy patches at the limit of visual observation in our club's 16" Dob are awesome..........

Regards, Ed.

• Like 4