Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

At last I have fixed my shadows : NEW NGC 6888 LRGB

Catanonia

At last in 12+ months I have fixed my shadows / reflection problems with my PowerNewt.

See here for the problems http://stargazerslou...et-rid-of-them/ and http://stargazerslou...-time-ngc-6888/

I ended up completely removing the TS OAG, which wasn't being used and only in place for spacing and also adding in an Astronomik CLS UV block filter. Which of these two modifications did the trick, I don't know, but the end result is clean LRGB subs at long last.

I managed to get out again this weekend and redo my LRGB subs of NGC 6888 the Crescent Nebula and I am back on track again now :)

Here is an LRGB build of NGC 6888 taking in about 10x3min subs for each LRGB from my garden in Sandbach next to the M6 motorway.

Scope : TS PowerNewt 200mm running at F2.8 with ASA reducer

CCD : QHY9 mono + 2inch LRGB filters + CLS UV Filter

Mount : NEQ6Pro

Guide : ED80 + QHY5

Total time : 2 hours and 90% crop

Hope you like, still need to get back into the swing of processing now I have real data, so I am sure it could be improved. I still have a few coma and comet stars nearer the top left, but hopefully I can nail the collimation a bit more with the Cats Eye.

Cat

post-3977-0-16618000-1370169812_thumb.jp

Aww come on, stop teasing, we need to know which of the two changes made the difference so we can add it to the 'database' of knowledge on here!

lol @ steve, will find out when I have the time as I want to know too. My guess is the TS OAG on the fast scope.

Archived