Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M57 like you've never seen it before...

Avdhoeven

Yesterday NASA released an image of M57 showing marvellous detail. This image was based on HST data I already processed also about 6 months ago. NASA combined this data with Large Binocular Telescope data, while I combined it before with Subaru telescope data.

So I thought why not combine data from the three telescopes together. This resulted in an image of M57 like I have really never seen it before... I would say sit down, open the full resolution and be engulfed with the universe's splendour smile.gif

Credits: NASA/ESA/A.van der Hoeven/R. Gendler/C. Robert O'Dell (Vanderbilt University)/D. Thompson (LBTO)

Yes, but that only has data from the LBTO. The image I showed was with Subaru data added. Here is the comparison (there is really much info added if you look in the details, and also the center is totally different as I processed this myself :) )...

post-16343-0-25271200-1369437492_thumb.j

Archived